Sunday, November 21, 2010

What a WONDERFUL Life!!!

Ramses 2 had a nice life when he was a Pharaoh. He reigned over Egypt for 67 years!!!  That's a long time!  He was the Third Egyptian king of the Nineteenth Dynasty. That must be really important for his people he reigned over. Ramses 2 was born ca. 1300 to Seti. He took the throne name Usermaatre Seteprence which means " The Justice of Re is Powerful, Chosen of Re. Ramses was mostly known as Ramses The Great for his great popularity. When Ramses was 10 years old he became captain of the Egyptian Army. I wish I was a captain when I was 10 years old!Ramses 2 built more monuments and statues than any other pharaoh. One of Ramses 2 most famous statues is the Waiheng/Dreamstime was 4 of the identical statues of Ramses 2. His first wife was Nefertan  (means Beautiful Companion). When she ended up dieing he built a temple for her at Abu Simbel but, it was much smaller than his.Yet, if I was his FIRST wife I would want a BIG temple!! Ramses 2 battled against army's. For instance he battled against the Hittite's until he wanted to stop battling and wanted to worry about more important things. He also battled against the Kadesh. Ramses died in 1213 B.C. When they found him in his tomb they said that he has very long narrow face, a long and thin hooked nose, and a strong jaw. His gray hair has dried red and science dedicates he may have been a natural red head in his younger years. So, what do you think about Ramses 2 life???




1 comment:

  1. I can't beileve that Rameses 2 joined the army when he was 10! If that were me I would not join when I was that young! Good Job!

    ReplyDelete